Friday 27 April 2012

My New Geography Project (Part 2)

Last week I blogged about the Titanic. This week I picked what is in my opinion, the most obvious thing to be associated with the Titanic. Or should I say the most obvious person...
It's the one and only... LEONARDO DI CAPRIO!!!!!!! Who played the male lead in the film Titanic (1997).




Here are 5 facts I learnt about Leo this week:

 - Born in Los Angles, California  
 - Date of birth: 11th Nov 1974
 - Only Child 
 - Leo is of Italian and German descent 
 - His Mother named him Leonardo after he first kicked while she was looking at a Leonardo DiVinci picture!
 I didn't think 1 picture was enough, so here is your 2nd picture source!

Here's a quick interview with the man himself!

 As Leonardo Di Caprio is from California I also did a bit of research on America.
Here are 10 facts I learnt about America this week:
 
 - America is divided into 50 states. Alaska has the longest coastline in the United States
 - It has no official language although English is most commonly spoken
 - The only royal palace used by a monarch in the U.S. is located in Honolulu, Hawaii
 - It has the world's tallest mountain, Mauna Kea, Hawaii if measured from the sea floor. 
 - It's motto is: "In God we trust"
 - Population: 295,734,134 (July 2005 est.)
 - Largest State: Alaska
 - Smallest State: Rhode Islands
 - Capital: Washington, DC.
 - Louisiana has 2,482 islands, covering nearly 1.3 million acres.

My sources:

Any guesses on what I'll link Leo up with for next weeks post?

No comments:

Post a Comment