Tuesday 15 May 2012

My New Geography Project (Part 5)

So for my last post, there really is only one person I could ever even dream of blogging about....


Do me a favour and close your eyes just for one minute. 


Imagine a world without hope...


Now answer me this, Is that a world you'd want to live in? 


Until recently, I did not know about a man that millions of people look up to. But now that I have, I can't help but feel that he brought hope to my life.


To me, his name brings joy, peace and happiness. Somehow, he seems to make everyone who admires him feel connected to him. He makes them feel loved and cared for. 


He is kind, caring, generous, wise and forgiving. He is not a myth or a legend. He lives and breathes the same air as you and I, only for far longer than we have. 


His image has the ability to light up the darkest of rooms. Knowing he is there can ease the pain. We rely on him. He offers us guidance when we're lost and help when we're in trouble. 


This man has had a major influence on my life and he is someone I really do admire. Some people are inspired by the Grand Canyon, Mount Everest, art, the petal of a flower or anything in between. But this man inspires me. 


I know nowadays, people talk about "The person they most admire". It's a common essay title in English and in my opinion, the phrase can often be used loosely. 


This man has taught me so much about life, happiness, kindness and faith. I have made it a goal of mine to meet this amazing person. 


He has strong beliefs. He preaches and indeed practises tolerance, patience, kindness, hope and love. 


I am not a Buddhist, but simply put, he is my hero. 


The Dalai Lama is the head of State and the spiritual leader of Tibet. 


pic source


Here are some facts about Nepal as that is where the Dalai Lama is  :)




•     Area: 147,181km squared
•     Location: Between India and the peoples republic of China.
•     Capital: Kathmandu
•     Population: Approx 23m.
•     People: over 40 ethnic groups and over 70 spoken languages.
•     Currency: Nepali Rupee
(75R = US$1)
•     Government: multiparty
Democracy + Constitutional
Monarchy.
•     Climate: ranges from
subtropical to artic depending on altitude.
Seasons: winter (Dec-Feb) summer (March-May)  monsoon (July-Aug) autumn (Sept-Nov).
•     Terrain: World’s deepest Gorge ‘Kalio-Gandaki’ to Mt. Everest (8848m) world’s highest point.
•     Their Flag: Is the only one in the world that is not rectangular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment