Friday 20 April 2012

My New Geography Project (Part 1)

With the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic last week, I felt there was nothing better to start my new geography project on. 

5 Things I have learnt about the Titanic are: 

picture source

 - It was built in the Harland and Wolff shipyard between 1909-1911 in Belfast, Ireland.
 - It tragicaly sunk on April 15th 1912 after hitting an iceberg. 
 - It carried 2,223 people.  
 - 1,514 people died when the Titanic sank. 
 - It was an Olympic Class ocean liner with the white star line.

10 Things I have learnt about Ireland are:

picture source

 - Capital : Dublin
 - Population: 4,125,000
 - Language: English, Irish
 - Life Expectancy: 77
 - Literacy percent: 99
 - Longest River: River Shannon
 - Sunniest Town: Rosslare, Co. Wexford
 - Driest Place: Dublin city
 - Highest Altitude: Summit of Mt Carrantuohill, co. Kerry
 - Tallest waterfall: Powerscourt Falls, county Wicklow


My Sources:

Okay so this week I decided to pick the Titanic, but who knows what I'll end up picking next week... :)

Thanks, 
bye,
xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment