Thursday 19 April 2012

Swim a mile with a smile :)

Tomorrow the 20th of April the TY's from St.Wolstan's
Community School are headed for the National Aquatic Centre in Dublin for the annual Ian Daly Swim A Mile With A Smile
We can take part as part of a team or as individuals and the aim is to swim a  mile with a smile (64 lengths of a 25 metre pool!)
I'm going to try the mile on my own but it's fairly likely I'll have to give up due to a serious lack of fitness! :(
The aim of the swim is to raise money for Crumlin Children's Hospital and Barretstown. Both of these are extremely important in the care of any child with cancer and it's hugely important that we support them as much as we can.


Thanks for reading this,
Wish me luck!
bye
:)
xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to say that I was able to swim the mile afterall!
    We had such a great time, It really was a day to remember.
    In total our school swam 40miles! :)

    ReplyDelete