Tuesday 22 November 2011

Work Experience in a Primary School!!

On Monday the 14th of November, my work experience in Scoil Bhríde primary school begun. It was absolutely brilliant! Here is a brief outline of what I did each day....
Monday 14th
I was so nervous starting! I spoke with the principal in the morning who told me to go to room 3 (junior infants). I mostly just watched what was happening and helped out with zipping up coats, opening lunchboxes, yoghurt's, drinks and cheese-strings and giving out books. By the end of the day I had relaxed a bit so I really started to enjoy it!
Tuesday 15th
By Tuesday morning the nerves had turned to excitement and, for once, had no problem getting up when my alarm clock went off. I laminated pictures, cut out masks and did most of the things I did the day before. I slowly begun to learn their names (and not just because they were written on their tables!) It was so much fun, by day two I was sure primary teaching was the career for me! We had a fire drill which the juniors were very excited about! It was their first in the school so the teacher was worried in case they would think it was a real one but they all loved it and wanted to know when the next 'emergency' would be!
Wednesday 16th 
On Wednesday, we had P.E. It was great! We played with bean bags and hoops. It was so much fun! Other than that I corrected copies on top of my usual routine. I knew all their names by the end of the day :)
Thursday 17th 
On Thursday, I went into the other junior infants class. Again the day flew by too quickly! The difference between the two classes was surprising, one was a lot more boisterous than the other but not in a bad way. I loved them both! Thursday evening I came to the shocking realisation that I only had 1 day left :(
Friday 18th 
Friday I was with both classes. And as usual before I knew it the day was over. It was so sad leaving them all. You get very attached to them! The teacher explained the paper work side of the job to me and I asked her so many questions that anyone would have gotten annoyed, but she didn't. She's very patient! 
After reading this, I realise I really didn't do it enough justice! Everyone in Scoil Bhríde was so kind and welcoming to me. I now defiantly want to be a primary school teacher and I am so grateful to Scoil Bhríde for having me. Its a brilliant school and I had an amazing time! I wish I could have stayed longer! It was actually so much better than how I have described it but I'm afraid I just can't put it into words!

No comments:

Post a Comment