Tuesday 6 September 2011

My First Week in TY!!! :D

My first week in TY has been brilliant! So far I love all the project work we have been doing and being in the computer room for most of our classes! We are doing our family tree in history and an 'around the world trip' for geography. For our 'around the world trip' we get to pick countries that we want to visit and with our €1200 budget each we see how far we can go. I chose to visit Nepal and Malaysia. So far I have found a cow procession festival in Nepal! But I know I have a lot more to do yet!
On Monday we had our first ever mini-company class which was really fun. Were still thinking of ideas though but I'm sure we'll think of something soon. We also got started on our BT young scientist project which I love too.
On Thursday we had our first afternoon of activities that started with pilates! It was hard work but really good fun! Then we had a workshop on 'flapper' dancing! I got most of the steps but I need lots more practice! We also had a class on photography. He showed us pictures and gave us tips of how to take better photos.

Today, we made cantuccini in home ec! they're Italian biscuits that are sort of hard and very sugary but they are really nice :) 
Anyway that's all for now. I have really enjoyed my first week in TY and can't wait for the rest of the year! 
bye :)

1 comment: